POST DOC FELLOW_Head and Neck-Endocrine Oncology Dept.
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7099031 (Ref #: 55089)
- Posting Date: Apr 30, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
The Department of Head and Neck-Endocrine Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Christine H. Chung.
Dr. Chung’s laboratory is focused on characterizing the hypoxic tumor immune microenvironment of head and neck cancer and the translation of wet lab findings to the bedside in biomarker-driven clinical trials. https://moffitt.org/providers/christine-chung/
Moffitt Cancer Center proudly supports innovative core facilities for flow cytometry, cellular therapy, proteomics, molecular biology, structural biology, microarray, analytic microscopy, drug discovery, and biostatistics. Moffitt Cancer Center also offers a state-of-the-art vivarium, equipped with onsite advanced imaging facilities. This includes CT, MRI, ultrasound, and in vivo bioluminescence systems.
- Trainees will develop expertise in preclinical and translational research in molecular oncology, immuno-oncology, and therapeutic resistance to cancer drugs.
- Trainees will have the opportunity to collaborate with academic and industry partners to develop and test novel treatments in mouse models and work in an interdisciplinary team comprised of clinicians, cancer biologists, immunologists, computational biologists, and biostatisticians.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Candidates must have a practical skillset in routine lab procedures such as western blotting, cell culture, real-time PCR, and/or multi-well plate assays.
- Familiarity with techniques such as ELISpot, flow cytometry, and small animal experiments is highly preferred.
- The candidate must be well-organized and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The individual should be able to work independently and effectively on several projects. The ability to work collaboratively is a must.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or Ph.D. degree in Cancer Biology / Immunology / Cell Biology / Pharmacology (or related field) is required.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com