CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence for IoT Data Trust and Privacy
- Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Job Number: 7099277 (Ref #: cj_83505)
- Posting Date: May 3, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a similar field?
- Develop secure intelligent IoT platforms for future digital manufacturing applications
- Join our world-leading research group specialising in large-scale, decentralized, and intelligent sensing technologies
The CERC Fellow will work within our Distributed Sensing Systems (DSS) group whose research focuses on creating integrated sensing technologies that enhance the efficiency and quality of data/knowledge acquisition on large scales through employing artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) on embedded systems, at edge, or in the cloud. Technologies developed by the DSS group have been deployed in a broad range of environmental, agricultural, and industrial applications.
The DSS group’s scientific vision consists of three interrelated perspectives:
1. Scalable Sensing for Sustainability: Developing intelligent and scalable sensing systems to help Australia and the world tackle significant large-scale sustainability challenges.
2. Ubiquitous AI in Real World: Building embedded and edge AI capabilities that bridge the gap between the physical and digital worlds.
3. Trusted IoT/Sensor Networks: Incorporating data trust, privacy, and security into IoT/sensor networks to promote trustworthy and responsible data collection and analytics.
The CERC Fellow will conduct research on enhancing data trust evaluation and privacy preservation using AI/ML and develop secure intelligent IoT platforms primarily for future digital manufacturing applications. The CERC Fellow will also utilise the developed technologies in real-world use-cases and industry deployments.
Your duties will include:
- Obtaining a thorough understanding of IoT data trust notion in digital manufacturing context and determining the key underlying scientific challenges.
- Developing ML/AI solutions that help tackle these scientific challenges and are suitable for distributed and in-network processing or edge computing.
- Implementing and evaluating the developed algorithms and methods efficiently in Python.
- Publishing results in relevant reputable journals and conferences and preparing patent applications.
- Recognising and utilising opportunities for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progressing opportunities for further development or creation of new lines of research.
Location: Pullenvale, Brisbane, Queensland
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar field. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of probability theory, statistics, and machine learning.
- Experience with using ML/AI algorithms in real-world applications.
- Record of publication in reputable peer-reviewed journals/conferences or authorship of scientific reports, grant applications, or patents.
- Proficiency in programming with Python.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
We’re working hard to build a safe and welcoming culture where people can bring their whole selves to work. Valuing and enabling difference empowers our people, unlocking their potential to innovate and shape the future for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today. We're the people that stay awake solving the world’s big questions. This is true of our science and of our people. Our mission is to create benefit for Australia through impactful science and innovation but we know that that's not possible without an inclusive and diverse culture. We're working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com