Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Ultra-low Temperature Physics
- University of Oxford
- Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
- Job Number: 7099546
- Posting Date: May 6, 2022
Both posts are available for 2 years, with a possibility of extension to 3 years.
This project will develop an ultra-low-vibration microkelvin refrigerator for use with ultra-high-Q mechanical oscillators.
The ideal PDRA candidate will have a combination of specialized knowledge, skills and successful experience in the following research areas:
• Microkelvin Refrigeration
• 3He/4He Dilution Refrigeration
• High-field Superconducting Magnets
• Microkelvin Instrument Design and Fabrication
• Ultra-low Vibration Techniques
• Superconducting Quantum Inference Devices
• Ultra-high-Q Mechanical (Torsional) Oscillators
• Quantum State Sensing & Qubits
• High-frequency Data Acquisition and Control Electronics
• Data Management, Analysis
Applicants should hold a PhD in experimental ultra-low temperature physics. Demonstrated skills should include capability to design, fabricate and procure components, assemble, integrate, test and operate ultra-low temperature scientific instruments.
They must have the ability to lead ultra-low temperature research, generating consequential and fundamental scientific discoveries, whilst managing and coordinating academic research and administrative activities of themselves and the ultra-low temperature physics research team.
The successful candidates will be able to adapt and develop; new and existing scientific techniques plus experimental protocols to the research objectives of the project. They must also be able to test hypotheses and analyse scientific data from ultra-low temperature research instruments.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com