Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- University of Missouri
- Location: Columbia, MO
- Job Number: 7099571
- Posting Date: May 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe University of Missouri (MU) is inviting applications for a postdoctoral scholar to join Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. The postdoctoral scholar will work on a NSF funded project to develop, test, and assemble an underwater optical instrument for measuring ocean turbulence (using particle image velocimetry) and motions of marine seep bubbles. The position will start on September 1st, 2022 with an initial appointment of one year. The appointment will be renewed annually up to three years.
• Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Electric Engineering, Physical Oceanography, or related fields.
• Familiar with Linux, hardware programming and control.
• Proficient in programming (C++, Python).
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
• Publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Candidates will be considered on their:
• Experience with camera control and programing.
• Experience with Engineering CAD software and ocean instruments.
• Experience with Particle Image Velocimetry and motion tracking.
The CEE department has a good cohort of postdoctoral scholars with strong supports for career development. The research team has various research directions in environmental fluid dynamics and its applications using experiments, observations, and numerical simulations. The postdoctoral scholar will be able to:
• Receive training opportunities for career development (teaching, mentoring, and proposal development, etc.)
• Collaborate with the research team on multiple research directions for publications.
• Engage within an interdisciplinary team with internationally recognized scientists.
To apply: Apply using the online system https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/ . Please follow the instructions on the website, select job 41735 and upload your CV, a cover letter detailing your experience with programming cameras and/or underwater instruments, and contact information for three references. Questions regarding the position may be directed to Prof. Binbin Wang at [email protected] Please include ‘bubble imaging – postdoc’ in the subject line. The position is open until filled.
The University of Missouri is an equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/pro-disabled and veteran employer.