Postdoctoral Associate- Cardiovascular
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7099857 (Ref #: 11135-en_US)
- Posting Date: May 12, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Li Laboratory within the Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiovascular Research at Baylor College of Medicine. Li lab currently has multiple projects investigating novel molecular mechanisms causing atrial fibrillation, cardiac conduction disorders, and metabolism disorder-related cardiomyopathy and cardiac arrhythmias. The lab utilizes multi-disciplinary approaches including molecular cloning, biochemistry, electrophysiology, and phenotyping in transgenic mouse models. No teaching will be required of this position.
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
- Plans and performs experiments for NIH funded grant.
- Performs experiments with mice.
- Prepares figures and writes reports related to experiments performed.
- Submits publications related to the work performed.
- Organizes and implements complex research plans.
- Develops new methods.
- Tests and data collection.
- Analyzes and interprets data.
- Writes detailed scientific reports.
- Mentors graduate and undergraduate students.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Awarded PhD or MD/PhD degree within the past 2 years.
- Research experience in cardiovascular sciences.
- Experienced in electrophysiology, immunology, or basic bioinformatic analysis.
- Possess superior communication skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com