Postdoctoral Associate-Obesity and Cardiovascular
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7099911 (Ref #: 11437-en_US)
- Posting Date: May 12, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral position is available in the Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiovascular Research, at Baylor College of Medicine to join in NIH-funded research projects on immunometabolism in obesity and cardiovascular research. The projects focus on immune cell activation and related signaling pathways in blood, atherosclerotic lesions, adipose tissue and other metabolic tissues with obesity and/or dyslipidemia, and their role in the development of diabetes and atherosclerosis. The projects involve techniques related (but not limited) to small animals (mice), human specimens, tissue culture, flow cytometry, histology and cell and molecular biology including single cell sequencing technologies.
- Designs and conducts hypothesis or discovery-based experiments.
- Prepares manuscripts with opportunity to publish research papers in peer-reviewed journals while developing own research career.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD and/or MD degree obtained in recent years,
- Biomedical research experience and expertise, and high motivation and dedication to biomedical research related to the described fields.
- Expertise with data analysis of large datasets including computational analysis of single cell datasets.
- Experience working with:
- human specimens,
- tissue culture,
- flow cytometry,
- cell and molecular biology, including single cell sequencing technologies.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com