Postdoctoral Fellow (PhD)
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7101172 (Ref #: 11650-en_US)
- Posting Date: May 25, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral research fellows are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional. This position requires additional training in biocontainment and work with infectious agents to understand pathogenesis. Duties will require planning and executing experimental protocols, summarizing results, and preparing manuscripts for publication. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to be independent in the laboratory but able to identify areas where assistance is needed. Regular communication with the PI and the laboratory staff is expected.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Responsible for laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- Completes biosafety level 3 training and work in high-containment settings.
- Assists with writing manuscripts and meeting outlined deadlines.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com