NIAID Postdoctoral Fellowship – Frontiers in Fundamental & Translational Immunology
- Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job Number: 7101983 (Ref #: spd-1661654)
- Posting Date: Jun 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys is currently accepting applications for postdoctoral training in our exciting T32 Program: Cancer Discovery and Translation Fellowship Program. The goal of this 2-year training program is to establish an innovative multi-thematic graduate student and postdoctoral training program to train the next generation of leaders in cancer discovery, cancer drug discovery, and biomarker development. Through this program, advanced graduate students and postdocs will be trained in the skills needed to execute a successful cancer drug discovery project using novel paradigms and state-of-the-art technologies.
Postdoctoral participants in the program will expand a research project to include any of the following specific aims of the program:
- Identify new cancer networks, mechanisms of genetic and epigenetic regulation, and explore non-traditional regulatory components such as tumor stroma and the tumor microenvironment.
- Conduct exceptional basic research in cancer biology and immunology relying on genetic models and human clinical data to enable the development of novel targets and markers in cancer detection, monitoring, and treatment.
- Define mechanism of action for lead inhibitors that rewire cancer signaling pathways.
- Provide access to drug development campaigns through our partnerships with the Prebys Center, the most advanced chemical library screening facility in any academic institution.
In addition to scientific training, postdocs will participate in professional development programs through which they will gain skills in leadership and management, as well as an understanding of the vast array of career paths available to them following their education and training. To learn more about the T32 program, please check out: https://sbpdiscovery.org/education/NIH-T32-Fellowships/cancer-discovery-translation
Postdoctoral eligibility requirements:
1. Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident
2. Have a PhD, MD, MD/PhD, or doctoral equivalent
3. Must have no more than 3 years prior postdoctoral training
If you would like to be considered for a training position, please identify one or more faculty members whose lab and research projects are areas of interest for completing your T32 application download link below.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter should be no more than three (3) pages and should contain the following components:
2a. Describe in one page your interest in the T32 Fellowship and how it will support your professional goals.
2b. Describe in no more than two pages your research experience, how it aligns with the T32 program, and how your participation in the program will support your research goals.
3. T32 Application (Download PDF T32 Application: https://files.constantcontact.com/87b7e007501/01f6165e-5a4f-4828-89fa-2ede3e42e257.pdf) You will need to complete and upload this form.
The application process will require a strict password to create your account access and must be created from a link sent to applicants via email from the application system. If you have any questions or require assistance, please email [email protected]
REQUIRED: US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
Salary and Benefits: The NRSA Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowship Stipend is $62,400 and will only rise in accordance with updated stipend levels. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ADD, LTD, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Childcare Stipend, Back-up Childcare, Mentorship, Professional Development, and a host of institute networking activities with the local and broader academic and industry communities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: The institute is proud of its ongoing efforts to provide a collaborative and inclusive workplace in line with our mission to promote equal opportunities for all people and to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential.
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for emerging health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability-committed to the hiring, advancement, and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please
email [email protected]