Postdoctoral Fellow – Srinivasan Dasarathy Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7103615 (Ref #: ccf16064129)
- Posting Date: Jun 17, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Srinivasan Dasarathy, MD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Inflammation and Immunity
Lab Research Topics:
- Cell signaling
- RNA translation
- Gene editing
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/immuno/dasarathy/ or contact Dr. Dasarathy at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Culture of multiple cell lines, primary cell cultures
- Basic molecular methods (real time PCR, immunoblots)
- Confocal microscopy, fluorescent imaging
- mRNA translational regulation
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Viral delivery systems
- Handling mouse strains (not essential)
- Protein expression, protein-protein interaction studies
- Fraction separation, organelle isolation
- Generate tagged constructs, subcellular organelle studies.
- Ability to analyze and perform mass spectrometry data for metabolites preferred but not essential.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. Dasarathy at [email protected].
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Crispr/Cas9, Skeletal muscle, Tissue specific deletion, Inducible vector systems, Reporter analyses, FRET/BRET, Post-translational modifications
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com