Postdoc Fellow – Machine learning for Cancer Diagnosis and Response Prediction
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7104791 (Ref #: 56612)
- Posting Date: Jul 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Dr. Issam El Naqa’s lab seeks to hire a Post-doctoral fellow to join the tremendous opportunities to do exciting research in his lab and develop a stellar career in this emerging domain. The specific project will be related to developing machine learning algorithms for cancer diagnosis and response modeling using molecular and imaging data (pan-omics) with new deep and reinforcement learning approaches. To learn more about the projects in Dr. El Naqa’s Lab, visit https://lab.moffitt.org/elnaqa/research-projects/.
• The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a world-class research environment, with state-of-the-art facilities and with strong collaboration with many researchers and clinicians from diverse fields.
• It also offers exciting opportunities that include but not limited to developing new algorithms for molecular data (genomics, transcriptomics, etc.), medical image analysis (radiomics, pathomics), image-guidance and adaptation, federated machine learning, dynamic decision support, and computational modeling of treatment outcomes.
• Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research and wealth data for machine learning applications. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
• Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs from NIH and DoD including T32 Training Grants.
• You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants and pursue IP applications.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Genomics, Medical image analysis and/or pattern recognition knowledge.
• Familiarity with conventional machine and deep learning algorithms.
• Good computing and programming skills are important for this position preferably in Python MATLAB, R, or C/C++.
• Develop new algorithms for deep learning with integrated genomics and imaging information for predicting and adapting decision making for diagnostic and prognostic applications in cancer.
• Collaborate with team members on developing new tools for optimal dynamic decision support applications, manuscript writing, and generating data for grant applications.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• A PhD or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Medical Physics, Physics, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline is required.
• Should have at least one first author publication.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Issam El Naqa ().
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.