Applied Machine Learning Postdoctoral Fellow
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7105284 (Ref #: hlj_38479)
- Posting Date: Jul 14, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Ghulam Rasool seeks to hire a Postdoc to join his lab in the general area of machine learning and biomedical data analysis. The information about the cancerous tumors can be recorded at different scales and resolutions in both space and time. The resulting data may include multi-omics information, radiographs, histopathology images, clinical notes, and demographic data. Jointly learning from such multimodal, heterogeneous information with the possibility of missing data is challenging but crucial for understanding cancer. This specific project will involve the development of Transformer and Graph Neural Network (GNN)-based models for the multimodal data integration and prediction of various clinical outcomes.
- The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a world-class research environment, with state-of-the-art facilities and strong collaboration with many researchers and clinicians from diverse fields.
- It offers exciting opportunities for developing new machine learning models for integrating multiscale heterogeneous cancer datasets.
- Opportunity for applying new machine learning approaches in pre-clinical and clinical model development.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs, including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Background in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering/Computer Sciences/Mathematics/Physics.
- Good computing and programming skills preferably in Python, Matlab or C/C++.
- Preferably have some background in medical image and data analysis.
- Develop new machine learning models using Transformers and/or GNNs for multimodal cancer data integration, including radiology, pathology, and clinical data.
- Develop pipelines for image, text, and tabular data processing for the machine learning models.
- Collaborate with team members on developing and implementing these technologies in preclinical and clinical settings, manuscript writing, and generating data for grant applications.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- A PhD or equivalent degree in Electrical, Biomedical and/or Computer Engineering/Computer Sciences/Mathematics/Physics or related discipline is required.
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of research interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Rasool ([email protected]).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.