- Texas A&M University
- Location: College Station, TX
- Job Number: 7105984
- Posting Date: Jul 20, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Postdoctoral Researcher position will work in the Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The Elabd laboratory combines macromolecules with electrochemistry to design unique materials (e.g., ion-containing polymers, block copolymers) for the advancement of energy storage and delivery applications including fuel cells and batteries. Fundamental studies on transport and thermodynamics of ions and small molecules in polymers are also areas of interests to guide the synthetic design principles.
The Postdoctoral Researcher will focus on polymer synthesis and structural characterization of new materials with exceptional properties relevant to energy applications. Structure-property relationships for novel polymers and polymer-based composites will be investigated with an emphasis on the polymer nanostructure, ion conduction, and mechanical behavior.
● Perform hands-on synthesis and characterization of novel polymers, propose/identify new synthetic routes, and improve synthetic strategies.
● Characterize the newly synthesized polymers via various characterization techniques (e.g., SEC, NMR, FT-IR, DSC, TGA, DMA, EIS, battery cell assembly).
● Participate in proposal writing and publish scientific results in peer-reviewed journals in a timely manner.
● Present and report research results at the project meetings and national conferences.
● Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Doctorate degree
Preferred Education: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Chemistry, or a related discipline
● Demonstrated record of productive research with a desire to develop innovative research advances.
● A strong background in polymer synthesis, characterization, spectroscopy, and experimental electrochemistry is favorable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Excellent written and oral communications skills with an ability to work both independently and as a part of a collaborative team.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.