Research Fellow - Ultrasound (US) Engineering
- Mayo Clinic
- Location: Rochester, MN
- Job Number: 7107433
- Posting Date: Aug 6, 2022
- Application Deadline: Oct 5, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
A Research Fellow opportunity working with ultrasound (US) engineering is available with Dr. Xiaoming Zhang in Radiology. The Research Fellow will be a part of developing and applying ultrasound (US) surface wave elastography techniques for noninvasively measuring various organs including the lungs, eyes, and others. Interested people may feel free to go to Dr. Zhang’s publications through the Google scholar website to learn more about the research that has been done in this area.
The candidate should possess:
* A Ph.D. in an Engineering or applied science field (such as Ultrasound technique, Ultrasound imaging, optical imaging, Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or other closely related fields)
* Solid in science and technology such as in ultrasound, wave propagation, technique development, Matlab programing, experimentation, numerical simulation, image processing, and machine learning. Familiar with Verasonics ultrasound programming is a plus
* Team player with research ethics and motivation
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
Please attach the following required documents at the time of application
* Current curriculum vitae and bibliography
* Doctoral degree certification, if applicable:
+ Original or notarized copy of diploma or final transcript issued by school (English translation required).
Candidates should be prepared to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to being offered an interview.
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.