Postdoctoral Fellow, Argyros Research Fellowship in Oncology Nursing
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7108015
- Posting Date: Aug 12, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Argyros Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Oncology Nursing provides advanced training and mentorship in patient-centered oncology research for nurses who completed a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) from an accredited university in nursing or a field relevant to nursing research and would like the opportunity to further develop a research career in oncology. The program provides mentorship from a seasoned faculty researcher and guidance in grant development, project management, manuscript development, networking opportunities.
The intent of the program is to foster research that will advance oncology nursing practice, shape policy, and impact the care and outcomes of patients across the cancer continuum, from prevention, through treatment, and to survivorship and end of life. The research focus includes symptom science and patient reported outcomes, clinical judgment and decision-making, patient and family psychosocial concerns, and integration of information systems and social media into cancer care.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, independent thinker with a tremendous work ethic. The position will require great planning and organizational skills. An ability to work well with others as part of a cohesive team, take initiative, and creatively problem solve are a must.
1. Fulfill personal development goals and the fellowship goals through an individualized curriculum
2. Establish collaborative relationships with faculty mentors and peer researchers
3. Participate in ongoing postdoctoral research forums
4. Prepare and submit manuscripts for publication including at least one first author publication
5. Prepare and submit grants for research funding
6. Develop a research platform and trajectory
Eligibility Requirements: Ph.D. in Nursing or related field from an accredited university. If Ph.D. is not in nursing, must have a minimum of a master's level degree in nursing. Licensed or eligible for licensure as an RN in the state of Texas. Preferred at least 2 years of experience (negotiable) as a clinical or advanced practice nurse and prior experience in nursing research.
Program Website: https://www.mdanderson.org/education-training/nursing-education/argyros-postdoctoral-research-fellowship-in-oncology-nursing.html
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the 2 positions are filled.
• Curriculum Vitae
• 1-page statement of intent including defined area of research interest
• 2 letters of recommendation that include an assessment of potential for success as a nurse scientist. Applicants will submit the names and contact information of the two individuals within the SLATE system in a timely manner. The program will be contacting these individuals on behalf of the applicant to request for the letter of recommendation. Authors of the letters of recommendation must submit the letter of recommendation in SLATE system.
• 1-page narrative summary of dissertation including purpose, importance, methods, findings, and conclusion(s)
• Nursing license(s) and certification
• Highest degree transcripts
Submit documents in SLATE application system: https://trainees.mdanderson.org/register/?id=9794af98-014b-1b4a-03da-73b7f28ea626&sys:app:position_ID_id=108F4EEF-C4B4-8235-EA38-7980BEA3334E&sys:app:app_psdept=fadf5b83-a346-4c8e-8142-37eb71c21f11&sys:app:app_faculty=ehacker&sys:app:app_title=Postdoctoral%20Fellow&sys:app:app_requisition_num=600877-202206211309&sys:app:app_apply_form=0d044e78-21d5-43af-9af5-386cc6a6ef55&sys:app:app_other_faculty1=
For questions, please contact us at [email protected]
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Department of Nursing
1515 Holcombe Blvd Unit 0456
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com