- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7108162 (Ref #: 12756-en_US)
- Posting Date: Aug 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Baylor College of Medicine has opening for a Postdoctoral Associate or similar research positions such as Visiting Scholar. The postdoctoral fellow will study epigenomic regulation of metabolism and neurocognition by circadian clock and physical exercise, including molecular mechanism of epigenetic drugs in treatment of cancer as well as epigenetic mechanism in transgenerational inheritance of metabolic traits, in the context of diabetes, fatty liver, heart failure, muscle atrophy, osteoporosis, autism spectrum disorder, and Alzheimer's disease. Recent publications at Dr. Zheng Sun' lab are available at https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/zheng-sun-31489
The postdoctoral fellow will use cutting-edge technologies and integrated omics approaches, include epigenomics, metabolomics, single-cell technique, bioinformatics, genetic animal models, molecular and cellular biology, metabolic tracing, sophisticated virus tools, neurobehavior test, opto/chemogenetics, in vivo calcium imaging, and histology analysis.
To apply, please email Dr. Zheng Sun at [email protected] and [email protected]
Lab website https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/zheng-sun-31489
- Performs functional and phenotyping analysis in living animals
- Prepares samples and perform validation studies for omics analysis.
- Performs bioinformatics analysis and data interpretation.
- Performs molecular biology analysis using primary cells or histology studies.
- Documents experiments to ensure that work can be replicated by others.
- Writes manuscript to report the findings or grant applications.
- Attends department seminar and other scientific events.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience in molecular biology, metabolism, epigenetics, bioinformatics, or disease models.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com