Postdoctoral Scientist - Posadas Lab
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7108252 (Ref #: HRC0807810B)
- Posting Date: Aug 17, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Dr. Edwin Posadas is looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Research Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Essential job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for analyzing and developing assays to distinguish patterns of metastatic potential and drug resistance
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Educational and work experience preferences:
- Experience with cell culture (2D and 3D) and animal modeling of metastasis in cancer (should have publications to present previous studies)
- Experience with cell motility characterization in cancer beyond transwell migration (should have publications to present previous studies)
- Experience with immunofluorescence microscopy
- Experience with basic bioinformatics and RNAseq data analysis
- Applicant should provide at least 2 publications of representative original studies in cancer biology.
- Experience with prostate cancer models preferred
- Must demonstrate proficiency with written and spoken English.
- Doctorate Degree Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work preferred
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Posadas Lab
Department:Home Dept - Hem - Onc
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.