Postdoctoral Fellow – M. Luiza Caramori Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7108466 (Ref #: ccf16488965)
- Posting Date: Aug 15, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: M. Luiza Caramori, MD MSc PhD
Department: Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism; Lerner Research Institute
Lab Research Topics:
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Primary kidney cells and skin fibrobasts culture
- DNA repair - protective mechanisms
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact M. Luiza Caramori at [email protected].
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- To conduct experiments using molecular biology techniques (RNA work, DNA work, ChIP, qRT-PCR, epigenic studies, Western blotting and other protein work, etc.).
- To successfully perform cell culture techniques (primary skin fibroblast and glomerular tubular epithelial cells).
- To maintain detailed documentation of procedures and experimental data. To keep research area safe and clean.
- To help writing the method section (technical part) of grant proposals and manuscripts. To organize data to be submitted for publication or presented in meetings.To place orders, and prepare supplies, equipment and apparatus. To operate, maintain and calibrate apparatus. To maintain communication with collaborators about research methodologies and data.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
- Must have relevant lab experience in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry laboratory including experience with cell culture, RNA, and DNA extraction and other different molecular biology assays like PCR, qRT-PCR, cloning, Western blot, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, methylation and acetylation assays, etc.
- Experience in simultaneously growing primary cell lines
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Ability to manage laboratory
- Evidence of being capable of troubleshooting experimental problems independently and to think critically about their research.
- Willingness to learn and implement new techniques and methods.
- Ability to work well within the lab group and with collaborators.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Research statement
- Reference list
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, CKD, DKD, cell culture, DNA damage and repair
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.