Research Associate (Dr. Yi Tan's lab) (Job Id: 44162)
- University of Louisville
- Location: Louisville, KY
- Job Number: 7108488
- Posting Date: Aug 19, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Title: Research Associate
Job ID: 44162
PI: Yi Tan, PhD, FAHA, Associate Professor, Endowed Chair
Affiliation: University of Louisville School of Medicine
Contact: If interested, please submit your application through the “Application Link” below, or send a cover letter stating your qualifications, a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references to Dr. Yi Tan at E-mail: [email protected] or WeChat: tanyi179.
Application Link: https://hrprpt.louisville.edu/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&SiteId=100&PostingSeq=1&JobOpeningId=44162
Self-motivated, productive Ph.D., MD or DVM with 0 to 3 years of related experience and a strong background in pathophysiology, pharmacology, molecular biology, and/or cell biology are strongly encouraged to apply. Previous experience in working with diabetes and diabetic complication animal models including cardiomyopathy, atherosclerosis, and/or nephropathy is preferred. Individuals who have experience in working with chemotherapeutic agents (such as doxorubicin) associated cardiomyopathy will also be considered. Previous experience in primary cell culture, lipid metabolism, radioactive isotope, transcriptome, single cell/nuclear sequencing, and virus handling would be an asset.
The Pediatric Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville School of Medicine, is seeking a Research Associate supported by NIH grants. The selected candidate will study the molecular mechanisms underlying diabetes-induced cardiovascular complications. The laboratory uses a combination of state-of-the-art approaches which are integrated with primary cardiovascular cell cultures and transgenic techniques, as well as in vivo conditional inducible knock-out and knock-in animal models to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying diabetes-induced metabolic disorder and cardiovascular complications. The Postdoctoral Associate will prepare and conduct experiments, data analysis, and interpretation and will write reports and manuscripts, as well as make presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct and organize all biochemical, physiological, morphological, and histochemical studies. Perform data collection and analysis and perform research and related tasks on specified projects. Write reports and manuscripts, as well as make presentations.
• Develop new techniques; organize and conduct statistical analysis of data generated from study results.
• Update research projects, and conduct research on past literature, monitor current research literature for relevant information. This includes peer-reviewed manuscripts of research abstracts at national and international meetings.
• Collect, edit, and present research outcomes. May recommend new ideas for ongoing lines of research and may interpret and advise faculty regarding extramural funding source guidelines and requirements.
Benefits - The University of Louisville has an exceptional benefits package; to learn more about our benefits please visit here
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at [email protected] or 502.852.6258.
How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, please follow the Application Link: