Engineering Program & Project Lead (Experienced)
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Job Number: 7108641 (Ref #: 684996)
- Posting Date: Aug 10, 2022
Job DescriptionPosting Duration: This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time. COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate: Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually. Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at (505) 284-4700. Salary Range: $99,700
- $196,100 *Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate's experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential. What Your Job Will Be Like: Are you passionate about your work and want to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues? We are seeking an experienced Program/Project lead to join our dynamic team. On any given day, you may be called on to + Lead or support the execution of complex projects integrating appropriate planning, resource allocation, and risk-informed approaches. + Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on issues significant to Biosecurity, Biosafety, Cooperative Threat Reduction, and operations/maintenance of complex life science and/or animal facilities. + Apply critical thinking using a diversity of skills/expertise, and effectively communicating results of analyses to explain options and trade-offs. + Research, evaluate, design, and develop systems-based solutions addressing global and national challenges in Cooperative Biological Threat Reduction. + Engage with team members, global partners, and US government decision-makers to deploy system solutions in biological risk management including capacity building, risk assessment, and epidemiology. + Provide decision insight to customers in ill-defined or complex multi-domain problem areas in international biosecurity. + Develop, evaluate, and apply analytical and computational tools for the evaluation of complex system and systems-of-systems. + Support the development and delivery of international training in biological risk management-related topics through remote engagement platforms and face-to-face workshops
- this could mean alternative work schedules to match international workday schedules and undertake international travel, including to low-, medium-, and high-risk countries, for periods of up to several weeks. This position is eligible for telecommuting and the selected applicant must live within a reasonable distance for commuting to the assigned work location when necessary. Under special circumstances, the selected applicant can be a remote worker located in any U.S. States, but may be required periodically travel to assigned work locations. Qualifications We Require: + Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Veterinary Medicine Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering, Architecture, or relevant STEM field, plus, five (5) years directly related experience; Or Master's degree as stated above, plus one (1) year experience + Experience in technical analysis and problem solving related to biosafety, biosecurity, and biological risk management. + Ability to obtain and maintain DOE L-level security clearance Qualifications We Desire: + PhD, MD, DVM, or equivalent terminal degree in relevant degree field, plus three or more years of relevant experience. + Experience in one or more of the following topics: + Managing large/complex projects from a strategic position of cradle to grave. + Management of safety and security measures in BSL-2 or higher laboratories (for example, biosafety/biosecurity officer, infection preventionist, Industrial Hygienist, etc.). + Advanced qualitative, quantitative, and semi-quantitative risk assessment methodologies for complex projects in the health, veterinary, or biological laboratory sectors (for example, Public Health Analyst, Laboratory Risk Assessor). + Safety and security inspections/audits or emergency response operations. + Develop and apply remote learning methodologies using Learning Management Systems (LMS), Content Management Systems (CMS), Surveying tools, etc. + Professional certifications in relevant technical areas, such as Certified Biosafety Professionals (CBSP), biosafety cabinet certifications according to international standards, calibration of equipment and commissioning of utility systems and facilities. + Analysis of risk and consequence measures in bioeconomy/bio-assurance, one health concepts, dual use research concerns, or gain of functions research. + Fluent in English, and preferably one foreign language (for example, French, Arabic) skill. + Demonstrated proficiencies in producing journal articles, reviews, book chapters, presentations, and aids for capacity building. + Postdoctoral research experience. + Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and leadership skills. About Our Team: The 06825 Department is multidisciplinary and focuses on advancing international threat reduction goals by promoting safe, secure and responsible use of dangerous biological and chemical agents around the globe. As a part of the GCBS group, our programs provide specific technical advice to the US Government on issues related to cooperative threat reduction, counter chem/bio-terrorism, the Biological Weapons Convention, the Chemical Weapons Convention, and has projects in the following areas: security system analysis, design and implementation; threat agent risk prioritization; outbreak control and management; information control and management; training in the areas of biosafety, chemical safety, security, risk awareness, disease surveillance and diagnostics, and related topics; and global, regional, and country-specific analysis and assessments. These projects involve both US interests as well as those of various foreign countries and international organizations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs: + Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide + Extraordinary co-workers + Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world + Career advancement and enrichment opportunities + Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home) + Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance* World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted. Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment. EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law. Job ID: 684996
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.