T32 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Integrated Program in Cancer and Data Science (ICADS)–Cancer Biology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7110768 (Ref #: 59559)
- Posting Date: Sep 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
The Moffitt Cancer seeks highly-motivated postdoctoral fellows with backgrounds in either cancer biology to participate in a three-year NCI-funded training program.
The Integrated Program in Cancer and Data Science (ICADS) at Moffitt serves to train the next generation of leaders in Cancer and Data Science. Over thirty faculty members, who work together at the interface of cancer research and data science, serve as mentors and co-mentors. The program is cross-disciplinary, spanning every Division at Moffitt including: 1) basic science; 2) population science; 3) clinical science; 4) translational science; and 5) quantitative science. Postdoctoral trainees in the program are paired into training teams that design a mentored research project that addresses a critical issue in cancer utilizing data science approaches (e.g., biostatistics, statistical genomics, bioinformatics). In addition to research, the Program includes structured coursework, taken as appropriate, and is supplemented by participation in many career development activities. To learn more, visit - moffitt.org/ICADS
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong academic record in relevant s fields of study.
• Concrete evidence of research productivity and scholarship.
• The ambition of become an independent investigator.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
• Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
• Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects.
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
• Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Cancer Biology applicants must have a terminal (PhD) degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Genetics, Medicine or related field and relevant research experience.
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents. Individuals on temporary visas are not eligible.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.