Postdoctoral Associate - Oral and Craniofacial Sciences
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7111026 (Ref #: pt10027)
- Posting Date: Sep 18, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Associate interested in the biology and regeneration of craniofacial and skeletal tissues. The successful applicant will have a Ph.D./Professional degree in in bioengineering or related engineering, medical, or dental discipline, and an interest in regenerative medicine. The associate will learn and work with scaffold biomaterials, microfluidic devices, cell/molecular biology, immunology, live-cell imaging assays, and animal models. The Postdoctoral Associate will participate in animal surgeries, fabricate tissue regeneration scaffolds, and execute out cell culture, RNA analysis, cell phenotyping, and analysis of tissue samples. Experience with one or more of these areas is preferred but not required. The candidate will plan and carry out experiments with the investigators, analyze data, and prepare abstracts, manuscripts, and reports. Experimental assays include characterization of scaffolds (e.g. NMR, mechanical properties, drug elution), gene expression analysis (e.g. qPCR, RNA-seq), cell phenotyping (e.g. flow cytometry and live imaging of reporters via FRET) and analysis of tissue samples (e.g. biochemical, histochemical, immunohistochemical, mechanical, and microcomputed tomography).
Earlier start dates will be considered. To apply please go to join.pitt.edu, select Postdoctoral Positions, and search keyword 22001477 or PI Taboas.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Experience with cell culture, animal models, or scaffold biomaterials preferred.
- Interest in biology and regeneration of craniofacial and skeletal tissues
- PhD/Professional degree in in bioengineering or related engineering, medical, or dental discipline
- Participation in career development opportunities and programs on campus.
- Publication of findings in peer reviewed journals.
- Relevant career awards will be identified and advising provided for competitive applications, including pathway to independence awards (e.g. K01, K02, K99)
- The associate will present findings at relevant professional societies (e.g. AADOCR/IADR, SFB, ORS, TERMIS) and CCR seminars.
- The PI will encourage and support career development opportunities.
- The selected candidate will benefit from the unique working and training environment of the Center for Craniofacial Regeneration. The CCR is comprised of a diverse team of clinicians, basic scientists, and clinical researchers, and is a joint center between Pitt Dental Medicine and the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret data
- Plan and carry out experiments independently and with the investigators
- Prepare abstracts for conferences, manuscripts, and reports
For more info about this position, visit:https://mirm-pitt.net/staff/juan-m-taboas-phd/