Postdoctoral Associate - Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7111030 (Ref #: pt10064)
- Posting Date: Sep 18, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The candidate will be conducting research in the areas of liver disease and tumorigenesis, which are executed through multi-disciplinary and cross-institutional collaborations. Specifically, this project focuses on the mechanisms by which environmental chemical exposures that are not overtly hepatotoxic, may modify the risk of liver disease. The impact of low environmental exposures, in contrast to high occupational exposures, and the impact of underlying disorders (i.e., obesity) or lifestyle choices (i.e., diet) that may modify the risk, is unknown.
Dr. Beier’s lab is seeking competitive candidates who have recently earned a Ph.D. and/or MD degree and possess effective written and verbal English communication skills as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills. A Ph.D. must have a focus in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology, toxicology, or a related biomedical field. Experience and skills in cell and molecular biology are required. The salary is commensurate with experience and based on current NIH guidelines.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit their cover letter, curriculum vitae, and research statement to the University of Pittsburgh’s Talent Center, position 22001817. The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Dr. Beier’s lab is seeking competitive candidates who have recently earned a PhD and/or MD degree and possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Experience skills in cell and molecular biology are required. Salary is commensurate with experience and based on current NIH guidelines.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Independently design experiments. Independently perform experimental procedures. Independent organization and time management to plan, prioritize and organize the work.