Postdoctoral Associate - Aging, Cancer and Immuno-oncology
- Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job Number: 7111139 (Ref #: spd-2154095)
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
An exceptional post-doctoral training opportunity is available postdoctoral in the laboratory of Ze’ev Ronai in the Aging Onco-immunology Program at the SBP Discovery Cancer Center in La Jolla CA. The project will involve the characterization of novel signaling pathways in tumor microenvironment (including immune components) of melanoma that are controlled by ubiquitin ligases (Siah2 or RNF5). Training will engage work with genetic modified mouse models (conditional KO) coupled with extensive work using cell biology and biochemistry techniques. This training opportunity will engage computer-based analyses of signaling pathways in human tumor samples, coupled with state-of-the-art technologies (single cell RNAseq and alike). Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, intellectually driven multi-tasking individuals with proven record of accomplishments.
For more information see the lab web site at www.ronailab.net
- Maintaining and studying a genetically modified mouse colony
- Monitoring and characterizing tumor and metastasis in mice
- Characterization of melanoma cell lines and congenic mouse models in culture
- Overseeing cell biology and biochemistry studies, including assessment of gene expression and proteomics studies.
- Use of computer-based programs for analysis of signal transduction changes at the RNA and protein levels.
- Assessment of human tumor samples by transcriptional and immunological methodologies
- Ph.D. degree in biological sciences with experience in tumor biology / immunology
- Experience with handling mouse colonies and computer analysis programs
- Exceptional credentials in previous training, per performance and publications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Multi-tasking; experience in using bioinformatic platforms to analyze data,
- Experienced in genotyping, maintaining genetic mouse colonies
- Proficient in molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology based technologies
- Good communication skills
- Great team member
- Embody the Institute’s core values of Commitment, Collaboration, Communication, Community and Compassion
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please email [email protected]. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.