Postdoctoral Associate - Tumor Initiation and Maintenance
- Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job Number: 7111140 (Ref #: spd-2208687)
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Postdoctoral Associate to work in the laboratory of Prof. Eric Wang at the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (SBP) in La Jolla, CA. The goals of our research program are to develop and advance small molecules to target cancer drivers and modulate the anti-tumor immune response, with the ultimate goal of gaining new biological insights and validating new therapeutic targets. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in tumor immunology who are interested in applying cutting edge chemical biology approaches to modulating the anti-tumor immune response. The successful candidate will conduct independent research in a supportive, collegial, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a new team with a committed mentor that is pushing the boundaries of chemical biology. Potential positions on NIH funded T32 training grants may be available. For additional information about the lab’s research, please visit www.ewanglab.com. If interested, please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Eric Wang at [email protected]
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently manage research projects, including the design and execution of experiments and setting strategy
- Participate in formal and informal presentations of results to the lab
- Maintain detailed notebook of all work-related activities
- Participate in grant application process and manuscript preparation
Education and/or Experience:
- A Ph.D. in immunology, cell or chemical biology, or a closely related field is required
Other Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Experience with immunophenotyping murine tumor models is required
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and publish research projects
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience in chemical biology or small molecule drug discovery is a plus but not required
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals.