Postdoctoral Scientist - Lee Lab, Cancer
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7111145 (Ref #: HRC1026655)
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
• May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
• May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
• Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
• Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
• Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
• May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization. - Minimum
No license or certification required
1 year - Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting - 50 lbs., Carrying - 50 lbs., Pushing - 50 lbs., Pulling - 50 lbs., Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Handling, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Kneeling
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Lee Lab, Cancer
Department:Home Dept - Hem - Onc
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.