Postdoctoral Scientist - Bottini Lab - Division of Rheumatology/Kao Institute
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Beverly Hills, CA
- Job Number: 7112362 (Ref #: HRC1033943)
- Posting Date: Oct 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We look forward to having you join our team!
Cedars-Sinai is an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
Principal Investigator, Nunzio Bottini, MD, is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
The Bottini Laboratory is part of our Kao Autoimmunity Institute and Scleroderma Program within the Division of Rheumatology. The Kao Autoimmunity Institute is committed to translational and clinical research that will advance the treatment of rheumatologic diseases. At Cedars-Sinai, our physician-scientists are engaged in exploring alternative treatment methods, developing a better understanding of pathogens and studying how genes, blood and tissue samples can be used to predict complications and potentially offer personalized treatments in the future. Research is crucial to matching patients with autoimmune diseases to treatments most likely to be effective. The Kao Autoimmunity Institute strives to be a leader in advancing research and treatment for a broad spectrum of autoimmune diseases.
Working independently but in close collaboration and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, as a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will perform routine and sophisticated laboratory procedures throughout this training period. You may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation, and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able ot read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Bottini Lab - Division of Rheumatology/Kao Institute
Department:Home Dept - Rheumatology
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.