Postdoctoral Scholar - Surgical Research
- Penn State College of Medicine
- Location: Hershey, PA
- Job Number: 7112559
- Posting Date: Oct 4, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Penn State College of Medicine, Department of Surgery and the Irvin S. Zubar Surgical Research Laboratory, in Hershey, PA is seeking an innovative and highly driven post-doctoral scholar capable of executing independent research in a highly multidisciplinary team environment. Successful applicants will have experience in stem cell biology, regenerative medicine and/or vascular biology. Our regenerative medicine program is a collaborative research effort that offers many opportunities for scientific interactions and advancement.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Designing and executing experiments relevant to regenerative medicine/ vascular biology
• Devising new procedures and methods tailored to specific research questions
• Collecting, analyzing, and curating data
• Data presentation and manuscript preparation
Specific criteria include:
• Recent PhD (0 - 3 years) in a relevant biological science or bioengineering discipline
• Strong critical thinking skills, rigorous training in scientific method, and the ability to synthesize scientific literature to generate novel hypotheses
• Preferred expertise includes primary cell culture, stem cell isolation, flow cytometry, microscopy, protein analysis, real-time PCR, next gen-sequencing, and some knowledge of materials science
• Animal (mouse, rat) handling/surgical skills or desire to learn
• Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and good communication skills
Interested candidates should apply on-line and provide a detailed CV with 2-3 references.
PhD must in hand prior to start.
This is a limited-term non-tenure line position funded for one year from date of hire, with possibility of refunding.
Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University polices.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3445484
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.