Astrocyte in Neurodegeneration
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7114504
- Posting Date: Oct 24, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Establishing a fresh presence in UTHealth, we are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join our spirited group. The focus of the immediate project is to characterize a specific response of astrocytes to AD pathologies and stress in vitro and in vivo, with the aim of illuminating the key pathways and factors involved in cell communication and eventual degeneration.
Motivated candidates with in-depth training and knowledge in neuroscience, molecular biology, and/or immunology are encouraged to apply. Previous experience with biochemistry, confocal microscopy, and/or in vivo disease modeling is a plus.
• Initiate, conduct, and lead research projects based on sound and innovative scientific hypotheses.
• Develop technical expertise in areas such as genetic animal models, recombinant viral vectors, confocal imaging, molecular biology, and multiomics analysis.
• Plan, direct, and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments; establish new research protocols and procedures; and evaluate and analyze data.
• Summarize the research findings and write and publish the results in research journals.
• Responsible for laboratory operations in a team environment.
• Participate in educational events such as journal clubs and research presentations in both formal and informal settings on a regular basis.
• Collaborate with investigators outside the lab and main effective communication
• Education: MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science,
• No experience required
How to apply
Please send a current resume/CV, a cover letter and contact information of three references by email to [email protected]