Postdoctoral Scientist - Zhang Lab - Division of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIM)
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7114963 (Ref #: HRC1063867)
- Posting Date: Oct 28, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We look forward to having you join our team!
Cedars-Sinai is an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
Dr. Zijun Frank Zhang is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join a diverse team!
Research in the Zhang laboratory uses statistical learning and deep learning as the unifying language to communicate across research areas in Computational Biology. Currently the primary research interests include:
- Automated Deep Learning (AutoDL)-powered Interpretation of Genetic Variations
- Post-transcriptional and Transcriptional Regulatory Network
Working independently but in close collaboration and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, as a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout this training period. You may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. This position is not responsible for generating grant funds.
Additionally, the incumbent will perform and lead in biomedical research projects using programming, data-mining, statistics, machine-learning, and visualization techniques to develop, evaluate, and/or apply algorithms and software for data analysis. This role is responsible for conducting computational research, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deploying production models, communication of scientific findings via peer-reviewed publications and scientific conferences. The Postdoctoral Scientist writes clean, performant, reusable code managed on GitHub to perform repeatable analyses and to train and deploy models to multiple environments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation, and analyze the results.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field is required.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection as well as analysis and operation of equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Zhang Lab - Division of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIM)
Department:Artificial Intelligence in Med
Business Entity:Corporate Services
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.