Instructor - Pediatric Cardiac ICU Nurse Practitioner
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7115675 (Ref #: 13758-en_US)
- Posting Date: Nov 9, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Critical Care Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital is seeking full-time faculty for the position of nurse practitioner with specific focus on critical cardiac disease. This position offers unique experience in our high-volume pediatric cardiac intensive care units, for an individual who wishes to pursue a career in pediatric cardiac critical care.
The primary clinical site is at Texas Children's Hospital, the largest pediatric hospital in the United States, an affiliated hospital of Baylor College of Medicine. The section of Critical Care Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics is a multidisciplinary team of attending critical care physicians, advanced practice providers (nurse practitioners and physician assistants), post-doctoral fellows, and research support personnel committed to the care of patients suffering from a life-threatening illness or injury.
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Texas Children's Hospital is one of the highest volume programs in the world. The 48-bed unit is comprised of a Neonatal CICU, Pediatric CICU, and a first of its kind, Pediatric Heart Failure ICU. In addition to over 1000 congenital heart operations annually, TCH is home to an active heart failure program, a busy thoracic organ transplantation service, and one of the largest mechanical circulatory support and VAD programs in the world. In the CICU, the candidate will work alongside pediatric critical care and cardiology physician fellows and will join the existing CICU Faculty encompassing over 30 attending physicians (comprised of individuals who are specialty trained in pediatric cardiology, pediatric critical care, anesthesia, neonatology, and internal medicine), physician Instructor’s training in pediatric cardiac critical care, and over 15 advanced practice providers.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Participation in on-call schedule for the CICU.
- Liaison and collaboration with stakeholders in CICU, PICU, neonatology, cardiology, and congenital heart surgery.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com