- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7119167 (Ref #: 14191-en_US)
- Posting Date: Dec 30, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This individual will design and conduct experiments in areas of microbiology and bacterial resistance to gut-derived antimicrobial metabolites. This individual will examine the role of antimicrobial signaling as an unexplored contributor to host-microbiome interactions. A strong background in microbiology or molecular genetics is highly desirable.
If interested, please contact Dr. Tor Savidge at [email protected]
- Participates in funded research projects and assists the laboratory in obtaining additional funding.
- Designs and conducts experiments in areas of antimicrobial resistance mechanisms to gut-derived metabolites.
- Performs antimicrobial resistance studies focused on glycolipid signaling in bacteria and should be proficient in research methods centered on microbiology and molecular genetics.
- Assists with microbiology and molecular biology studies in the Texas Childrens Microbiome Center.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- A strong background in antimicrobial reistance, microbiology and molecular genetics is highly desirable.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com