Postdoctoral positions at the Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology at Cornell University
- Cornell University-Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology
- Location: Ithaca, NY
- Job Number: 7121027
- Posting Date: Jan 12, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
NIH-funded postdoctoral positions are available for highly motivated postdocs in the Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology (WICMB) at Cornell University. WICMB is an interdisciplinary hub of life science research at Cornell by bringing together faculty, students, and postdocs from various departments and graduate fields, representing research areas that might not otherwise engage in crosstalk. Interested candidates should send an application packet, including curriculum vitae; a brief summary of previous research experiences and future research interests/career goals as well as contact information for 3 references as a single PDF file to the individual PIs as listed below.
1) Dr. Fenghua Hu’s laboratory are hiring postdocs to study molecular and cellular mechanisms of neurodegeneration, particularly amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) and Alzheimer’s disease (AD). Candidates with prior experiences in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry or neuroscience are encouraged to apply. Details of Dr. Hu’s laboratory, ongoing research projects, and recent publications can be found at https://hu.wicmb.cornell.edu/. Successful candidates should have a recent Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or neuroscience. Prior research experience in mouse models, and/or membrane trafficking and lysosome biology will be a plus. Interested candidates should contact Dr. Fenghua Hu ([email protected]).
2) Dr. Yuxin Mao’s laboratory are looking for postdocs to study the molecular and cellular mechanisms of ubiquitination pathways in normal cell physiology and pathogen-host interactions. Motivated candidates should have a recent Ph.D. with prior experience in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, or structural biology. Details of Dr. Mao’s laboratory, ongoing research projects, and recent publications can be found at https://mao.wicmb.cornell.edu/. Interested applicants should contact Dr. Yuxin Mao ([email protected]).
Cornell University located in the beautiful finger lake region of upstate New York is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement