- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7121065 (Ref #: 14383-en_US)
- Posting Date: Jan 13, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate with demonstrated experience in mouse models of disease, neurogenesis, molecular biology and aging. The candidate is expected to continue our work on the adult neurogenic niche and the influence of aging on neurogenesis, including age-related diseases such as depression and Alzheimer’s disease. Evidence of collaborative and team work is essential. Knowledge of biology, confocal imaging, mouse husbandry, and molecular biology is essential.
- Conducts mouse husbandry, genotyping.
- Maintains knowledge of immunohistochemistry; confocal microscopy, stereology.
- Performs DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, cloning, Western blot analysis.
- Prepares viral vectors.
- Conducts stereotactic injections into the mouse brain.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. or M.D. degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a proven record of research accomplishments, have expertise in working with mouse models of disease, and a strong background in cell biology of hippocampal neurogenesis.
- Work on sleep metrics in animal models or human is preferred.
Required Documents: Cover letter, Resume/CV, Contact information for three references
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com