Research Fellow - Physics CT Imaging
- Mayo Clinic
- Location: Rochester, MN
- Job Number: 7121340
- Posting Date: Jan 16, 2023
- Application Deadline: Mar 16, 2023
The Department of Radiology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is seeking a highly qualified, postdoctoral Research Fellow for the CT Clinical Innovation Center, a worldwide leader in the field of medical CT imaging. Using state-of-the-art clinical and pre-clinical CT systems, the highly productive team investigates a wide range of CT-related topics, with a focus on developing novel, high impact CT technologies and, in partnership with a leading manufacturer of medical CT imaging systems. Translating them into clinical practice. Founded in 2004, the multi-disciplinary, highly collaborative team has published over 400 peer-reviewed papers, patented numerous technologies, and been continuously funded with federal, industry, foundation, and intramurals research grants. The lab’s current funding portfolio includes 6 grants from the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIH).
Applicants for this position must hold a Ph.D. degree in Medical Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have:
* An established background in physics and imaging science
* Expertise in image reconstruction and/or task-based diagnostic performance assessment
* Experience in radiomics, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence techniques, such as convolutional neural networks
* Strong programming skills
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Anticipate to publish significant research findings and participate in the lab’s applications for extramural funding
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
The following is required for completeness of application:
* Current curriculum vitae with bibliography
* Proof of doctoral degree (copy of diploma or final transcript with English translation, if applicable) or a letter from your university's Registrar office indicating you have fulfilled all doctoral program requirements and are eligible to graduate.
Please also be prepared that you may be asked to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to an interview. Must have a Ph.D. doctoral degree. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.