- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7121430 (Ref #: 14400-en_US)
- Posting Date: Jan 18, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The General Thoracic Surgery division of the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a post-doctoral associate in basic and translational research in thoracic oncology which includes lung cancer, esophageal cancer, and mesothelioma.
- Performs Seahorse XF, mitochondrial imaging.
- Performs basic molecular biology techniques and significant cell culture with the ability to teach these techniques to fellows and students.
- Performs techniques, such as:
- mutation detection,
- gene expression profiling,
- chromatin immunoprecipitation,
- DNA/RNA-protein interactions cell culture,
- lentiviral transductions,
- mouse models,
- transcriptomic analysis.
- Assists with direct tumor collection from the operating room as required based on the specific project.
- Performs bcl-2 homology domain (BH3) profiling of solid tumors (esophageal, mesothelioma, and lung), however, we can teach this technique.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience with metabolomics with the knowledge basis to interact and work with the core facilities at BCM.
- Experience with tumor metabolism.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com