Postdoctoral Fellow – Integrated Mathematical Oncology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7121646 (Ref #: 62177)
- Posting Date: Jan 20, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Postdoctoral Fellow – Integrated Mathematical Oncology
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position are being accepted now in the computational lab of Dr. Kasia Rejniak (https://moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/katarzyna-rejniak/ ) on an exciting NCI-funded interdisciplinary research project in mathematical modeling of breast ductal carcinoma in situ and breast cancer micro invasions. We seek talented individuals with a Ph.D. and background in applied mathematics, computer sciences, physics, or other computational disciplines to work in close collaboration with cancer biologists and clinicians within a unique research environment of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology (IMO) Department.
Development of novel mathematical models for tumor cell interactions with its microenvironment to examine the emergence of tumor micro invasions, designed for especially collected experimental and clinical data
- Working in close collaboration with cancer biologists and clinicians
- Vibrant, multi-disciplinary and diverse research and education environment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in mathematical or computational methods for modeling biological systems, in particular agent-based models (ABM).
- High motivation and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to work independently and within the research group.
- Strong programming skills (i.e., Matlab, C/C++, Python, or R) for modeling and data analysis.
- Design and implement computational models, plan, conduct and document simulation results independently; analyze and visualize model results.
- Collaborate with researchers from wet labs to integrate laboratory data with in silico models.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills; write research reports and scientific publications.
- Present research results to the Moffitt scientific community and at national or international scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. and background in applied mathematics, engineering, computer sciences, physics, or a related computational discipline.
- Excellent programming skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes (i) a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, (ii) a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, (iii) current CV with recent publications and presentation, and (iv) contact information for three references to Dr. Rejniak at [email protected] and apply online.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and are eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave, and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.