Postdoctoral Associate- Translational Research in Vascular and Neuronal Diseases
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7122458 (Ref #: 14557-en_US)
- Posting Date: Jan 31, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A well-funded research laboratory at the Department of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a talented and motivated Postdoctoral Associate to participate in the exciting and innovative translational research project. The project aims to develop novel drug therapies to treat vascular and neuronal diseases, which involves therapeutic protein target screening, target validation with binding and functional assays in vitro and in vivo, characterization of pathogenic roles and therapeutic potentials, and novel therapy development. Research activities include conducting experiments in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, cell biology, immunohistochemistry, and animal research. Our recent publications can be found in PubMed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/wei.li.2/bibliography/40172985/public/?sort=date&direction=descending.
We are passionate about mentoring and fostering talented young scholars to develop successful and fruitful careers. Whether your career goals are in academia or industry, we will support you through close collaboration with the mentor or lab members to ensure that you can obtain technical skills, knowledge, and accomplishments that position you well for your future goals. The candidates will have the opportunity to learn all the cutting-edge molecular techniques, including ligandomics screening, therapeutic target validation, and drug design, as well as surgical and non-surgical methods to establish mouse models of ocular vascular diseases. In addition, the candidates will participate in manuscript preparation to publish papers in high-impact journals, attend and present at national/international meetings, and engage in grant writing to apply for the postdoctoral fellowship/young investigator grants.
If interested, please send a CV, a 1-2 page summary/Cover letter describing past accomplishments, and three references, including contact information, to Dr. Wei Li at [email protected] Salary is based on NIH recommendation. Positions are available immediately.
- Performs animal procedures in our research, including:
- intravitreal injection,
- subretinal injection,
- corneal surgery
- retinal dissection in adult and neonatal mice.
- Manages mice colony to include husbandry, etc.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- It is preferred that candidates demonstrate scientific productivity with peer-reviewed publications and strong commitment to scientific research.
- Recipients of recent PhD or MD degree are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with excellent knowledge in ophthalmology and research skill in animals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience in molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein biochemistry is valuable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Prior experience in the following areas is preferred:
- transcriptome profiling,
- advanced in vivo imaging in animal models,
- gene therapy, and
- drug delivery.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com