- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7123734 (Ref #: 14696-en_US)
- Posting Date: Feb 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The applicant must have a Ph. D degree with experience in structural biology-related techniques such as cloning, protein purification and expression, crystallization (and/or cryo EM), and X-ray crystallography, along with complementary biophysical, and biochemical methods to analyze proteins, protein-ligand complexes, and viral capsids. The applicant will participate in the ongoing structural biology projects on the virus and viral proteins and drug discovery using X-ray crystallography and complimentary biophysical/biochemical/computational techniques. The applicant preferably will also have exposure and training in various aspects of virus replication and pathogenesis and gene regulation by characterizing multi-component machines responsible for RNA processing and decay.
- Develops and applies structural biology techniques with biochemistry to understand structural and mechanistic biology of various steps governing virus replication.
- Elucidates mechanisms of neutralization of virus infection by human antibodies elucidate.
- Coordinates collaborations with other laboratories.
- Assists with graduate student training and mentorship.
- Presents research findings at institutional, regional, and/or national scientific meetings.
- Maintains good communication with lab leader and members
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- structural biology related techniques, such as:
- protein purification and expression,
- X-ray crystallography,
- cryo-EM, along with complementary biophysical, biochemical and computational methods to analyze proteins,
- protein-ligand complexes,
- viral capsids.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com