Computational Neuroscience - Multiple Projects
- Florida International University
- Location: Miami, FL
- Job Number: 7124125
- Posting Date: Feb 10, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Examples of ongoing laboratory projects include:
• Neural decoder design for control of computers and robotic limbs in brain-computer interfaces.
• Closed-loop, hybrid human-AI models of invasive brain-computer interfaces.
• Physiology-informed artificial neural networks to model and understand neural control of autonomic organ systems.
• Optimizing interfaces for high-dimensional control and collaboration with physically embodied machines.
• Designing algorithms to identify physiological states from heterogeneous, high-dimensional electrophysiology recordings.
Our lab is a welcoming and supportive environment where we will facilitate your growth and development as an academic scientist. The PI, Zachary Danziger, earned FIU’s 2019 “Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Mentoring” and placed postdoctoral alumni in tenure-track positions at R1 universities. The lab’s multiple projects let you get involved and develop skills in many aspects of neuroscience, computational modeling, machine learning, and laboratory studies in systems neuroscience. The collaborative nature of our work affords you excellent opportunities to develop relationships with our co-investigators across multiple institutions such as Northwestern University, Northeastern University, University of Missouri, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and industry partners, making our lab an ideal place to expand your professional network and expand your career.
A PhD in neuroscience, computer science, applied mathematics, or related field is required. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions.
For consideration, please send a CV to:
Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com