- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7125892 (Ref #: 14847-en_US)
- Posting Date: Feb 21, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The postdoctoral associate with work closely with the Director of the Epidemiology and Population Sciences Program in the Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Center in leading several ongoing projects, including (but not limited to): 1) cancer risk in children with birth defects; 2) the genetic epidemiology of birth defects; and 3) genetic susceptibility to pediatric cancer.
- Collects research data.
- Implements data quality control measures.
- Performs advanced statistical analyses for epidemiological studies.
- Prepares presentations for scientific meetings.
- Writes and assembles manuscripts.
- Works in dynamic team with diverse background and expertise with support for career growth and personal development.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience with technical report and manuscript preparation.
- Experience with computer spreadsheets and database management.
- Experience with coding in advanced statistical languages (e.g., R).
- Finally, the Postdoctoral Associate will help train other members of the Epidemiology and Population Sciences Program.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com