- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7125896 (Ref #: 14838-en_US)
- Posting Date: Feb 21, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral associate position is available in the laboratory of Anthony Mustoe in the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. The Mustoe lab seeks to develop chemical and computational methods to define RNA structure and dynamics in living cells, and to apply these methods to discover gene regulatory mechanisms in healthy and diseased cells.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Collaborates with other lab members to plan and design experiments.
- Tracks project data and report analysis result.
- Assists PI in training and mentoring research staff and undergraduate and graduate students as appropriate.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Prior experience in one or more of the areas of RNA biochemistry and biology, genomics, computational biology, or stem cell biology.
The current position is for a major new project funded by a Beckman Young Investigator award (https://www.beckman-foundation.org/latest-news/2022-byi-awardees/).
Interested candidates should include a brief cover letter describing your research interests, career goals, and specific interest in pursuing a position in the Mustoe lab.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com