Postdoctoral Fellow – Antoine Louveau Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7126677 (Ref #: ccf17871303)
- Posting Date: Feb 24, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Louveau lab is looking for a motivated postdoc for a funded project on the role of the vasculature in Alzheimer's disease. A background in Alzheimer's disease, neurodegeneration and/or mouse behavior would be preferable. Members of underrepresented minorities and LGBTQIA+ community are encouraged to apply.
Principal Investigator: Antoine Louveau, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Neurosciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Lymphatic vasculature
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://lerner.ccf.org/neurosciences/louveau/ or contact Antoine Louveau at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Mouse colony management
- Behavior studies
- Training graduate student and undergraduate
- Present research internally and externally
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Antoine Louveau at [email protected].
- Research Statement
- References list
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Neuroscience, Immunology, Alzheimer, Neurodegeneration, Vascular, Vasculature
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.