Postdoctoral Associate- Brain Tumor Bioinformatics
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7126887 (Ref #: 14849-en_US)
- Posting Date: Mar 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral position is immediately available in the Taylor laboratory to study, plan, direct and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments with Neuro oncology research program. This position will be responsible for evaluation and analyzing data.
- Designs and performs experimental studies that directly answer the above research questions, using both in vitro systems and animal models.
- Collects and analyzes data and presenting at national/international meetings.
- Prepares manuscripts for publication.
- Applies for external fellowships.
- Mentors junior lab members.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedure.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Maintains laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD or MD with previous training in biochemistry or cell biology and possess exceptional computational skills. The most advanced degree must have been conferred within the last 3 years.
- Experience with large-scale genomic datasets.
- Prior experience with brain development, and/or cancer cell biology would be an asset.
- Prior first author publications are highly desirable.
- Must be self-motivated, well-organized, highly independent, and willing to train new students.
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- A detailed CV and the names and contact information for at least three references should accompany the application.
- Candidates with external funding or scholarships to help support their salary will be highly recruited.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com