Postdoctoral Position – Cell Biology, Metabolism
- University of California Davis School of Medicine
- Location: Davis, CA
- Job Number: 7127683
- Posting Date: Mar 9, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience.
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are recruiting talented Ph.D. graduates with interest in an academic career and excellent training in cell biology, biochemistry, or a similar field. It is critical to have strong skills in basic biochemistry and molecular biology techniques such as analysis of protein and gene expression, protein-protein interaction, and gene manipulation in cells. For examples of the techniques commonly used, see the following:
(1) Defective brown adipose tissue thermogenesis and impaired glucose metabolism in mice lacking Letmd1. Cell Reports. 2021; 37: 110104.
(2) Adipose mitochondrial complex I deficiency modulates inflammation and glucose homeostasis in a sex-dependent manner. Endocrinology. 2022; 163(4): bqac018.
(3) CFTR regulates brown adipocyte thermogenesis via the cAMP/PKA signaling pathway. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis. 2022; Sep 7: S1569.
(4) Regulation of beige adipocyte thermogenesis by the cold-repressed ER protein NNAT. Molecular Metabolism. 2023; 69: 101679.
The lab is located at the main university campus and has access to excellent collaborators, on-site mouse facilities, and research core facility support. This is an opportunity to play a lead role in exciting projects and make original discoveries that have implications for human health. The position is funded by a research grant from the NIH.
How to Apply:
Please email John Yoon, MD PhD at [email protected] with a CV, a cover letter summarizing research background and goals, and contact information for 3 references (address, phone, email).
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com