- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7135142 (Ref #: 15090-en_US)
- Posting Date: Mar 21, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Aortic Disease Research Laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking to recruit postdoctoral associates to study the molecular mechanisms of vascular injury, repair, and remodeling during aortic disease development. Our lab leads translational research projects that use state-of-the-art techniques and advanced animal models. We provide our trainees with an exceptional platform for career development. These positions, which are funded by grants from the NIH grants and the Leducq Foundation, start immediately.
- Generates tissue specific gene knockout mice and perform simple surgical procedures.
- Analyzes human and animal tissue samples (e.g. histological analysis, immunostaining, western blotting, RT- PCR, single cell RNA sequencing, and single cell ATAC sequencing).
- Performs molecular and cell biology experiments.
- Presents findings at national and international meetings and prepare manuscripts for publication.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in molecular biology or cardiovascular research.
- Candidates with a strong work ethic, experience in molecular biology or cardiovascular research, and good communication skills are encouraged to apply.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com