- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7136146 (Ref #: 14740-en_US)
- Posting Date: Mar 25, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The K Lemon Lab in the Alkek Center for Metagenomics and Microbiome Research and the Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, USA is seeking a postdoctoral researcher/fellow to study the human nasal microbiome.
The long-term goal of the K Lemon Lab is to identify bacterial strains and compounds that will be leads for new approaches to prevent and treat infections by Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pneumoniae, two common members of the human nasal microbiome. To achieve this, we are elucidating the molecular mechanisms of interspecies interactions in the human nasal microbiome. The K Lemon Lab uses a multi-disciplinary approach, merging molecular biology, pangenomics and transcriptomics with chemical and computational biology to identify genes and molecules that help shape microbiota. Dr. Lemon is also a practicing Pediatric Infectious Diseases physician and clinical needs are a key motivator of research in her lab.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Maintains laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Our research is multidisciplinary; the ideal candidate will possess strong skills in one, or more, of the following areas:
- genetic engineering,
- microbial metabolism,
- microbial ecology,
- natural products chemistry,
- computational biology bioinformatics,
- clinical research.
- PhD, MD, DVM, DVM-PhD, DDS-PhD.
- There are a number of projects from which to choose in collaboration with Dr. Lemon. The position includes at least one year of stipend/salary plus benefits plus a commitment to mentor submission of fellowship grants. Please send a cover letter, CV and the names and email addresses of three references to [email protected].
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com