Postdoctoral Positions in Coagulation Sensing Technologies
- Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Number: 7139533
- Posting Date: Apr 12, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: $60,000 - $68,000
- Application Deadline: May 12, 2023
Laboratory for Optical Micromechanics
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA USA
The Laboratory for Optical Micromechanics directed by Dr. Seemantini Nadkarni, is seeking highly motivated PhD scientists to fill open postdoctoral positions in Optical Micromechanics and Speckle Techniques. Our laboratory is located at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. The Wellman Center is the world’s largest academic research facility dedicated to the development of light-based, diagnostic and therapeutic technologies.
At the Laboratory for Optical Micromechanics our mission is to innovate and develop novel light-based diagnostic technologies to address major clinical and biomedical problems that impact human health. A keen interest and experience in innovating optical technologies and advancing concepts from the lab bench towards clinical use and commercialization is required. Successful postdoctoral fellows will lead efforts to innovate and develop novel optical technology platforms for coagulation and thrombosis sensing, design and fabricate novel milli-fluidic and microfluidics, engineer and fabricate optical tools for clinical use, develop novel assays and analytical platforms to investigate blood coagulation and platelet function, and collaborate closely with clinician and industry partners towards productizing, commercializing, and translating optical technologies developed in the laboratory towards clinical use. Candidates with strong backgrounds in Biomedical engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Biophysics, and other relevant disciplines are sought to join leading efforts to develop and translate new viscoelastic assays and optical technologies and microfluidics platforms applied towards studying blood rheology, coagulation, and thrombosis in patients. An entrepreneurial mindset is highly desired.
For more information about our research please visit: http://nadkarnilab.mgh.harvard.edu
1. A Ph.D. degree in Biomedical engineering, Biomedical sciences, Biophysics, or other relevant technical disciplines.
2. A strong grasp of fundamental concepts in blood coagulation and thrombosis
3. A strong grounding of experimental and wet lab techniques, and in handling blood and biological tissue samples
4. Expertise in one or more of the following areas: blood rheology, coagulation/thrombosis assay development, 3D printing and rapid prototyping, microfluidics and/or milli-fluidics platforms, Solidworks, electronics
5. Expertise in data and statistical analysis, data science and/or machine learning tools
6. A strong publication record with multiple first-authored publications
7. Experience (3+ years) in using Matlab, LabView and/or C++ programming is highly desired
To apply: Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV, a cover letter describing training and research experience, and names and contact information of three referees to Dr. Seemantini Nadkarni via email at [email protected] with the subject line: ‘Coagulation Sensing Fellowship application 2023’
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com