Postdoctoral Fellow – BioEngineering Department
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7151648 (Ref #: hlj_46022)
- Posting Date: Jun 2, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow – BioEngineering Department
We welcome qualified candidates to join the new group of Dr. Duy T. Nguyen at Moffitt Cancer Center BioEngineering Department. The research laboratory's primary focus is to study the physical aspects of the tumor microenvironment (TME) and its influence on tumor progression and the metastatic process. Ultimately, we want to establish collaborations with physicians, scientists and patients, enabling us to work directly with patient-derived samples and contribute a valuable impact on cancer research.
- The post-doctoral researcher will acquire expertise in a diverse range of cutting-edge microscopy techniques, including NSPARC confocal microscopy, multiphoton imaging, and atomic force microscopy.
- The post-doctoral researcher will learn custom-built tools and techniques for 3D liquid-like solids (LLS) in vitro assays developed uniquely in our laboratory.
- As a newly established group, the post-doctoral researcher will have a unique opportunity to actively participate in the growth and establishment of the research group, collaborating closely with the Principal Investigator (PI).
- The post-doctoral researcher will engage in the planning, execution, and/or supervision of original research.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants. You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced in hydrogel synthesis and characterization, possessing knowledge in bioconjugate chemistry.
- Proficiency in fundamental biological assays, including but not limited to flow cytometry, western blotting, quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), and/or RNA extraction.
- Have the ability to communicate professionally, demonstrate enthusiasm, and showcase the ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and actively collaborate with team members both within and outside of our laboratories.
- Characterize biomaterials using bio AFM, particle tracking micro/nano rheology, magnetic tweezers, or similar techniques.
- Conduct individual and collaborative research projects under the direction of the PI.
- Supervise students and promote collaboration among internal and external lab members for successful execution of research projects.
- Prepare and publish high-impact scientific manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals
- Present research work in seminars for both internal and external audiences, as well as share research findings at international conferences.
- Provide assistance and support in the grant proposal writing process.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree in disciplines such as Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Cancer Biology, Pharmacology, or other related fields is required.
- Should have at least one first-author publication in materials science, biomaterials, nanomedicine, or related disciplines.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation assistance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission, then we have a place for you!
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, a current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Duy T. Nguyen [email protected]
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.