Postdoctoral Fellow – Phuc Le Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7185733 (Ref #: ccf19266099)
- Posting Date: Oct 11, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Center for Value-based Care Research (CVCR) at Cleveland Clinic is seeking a post-doctoral fellow to support an NIAAA-funded research project. The Center has 9 full-time investigators, including MDs and PhDs, and strong institutional support with the goal of improving population health and reducing costs through practice redesign, information technology, and evidence-based, patient-centered care. The successful fellow will have the opportunity to receive comprehensive training and a unique research experience in health economic evaluation and decision modeling in addition to observational large data analysis from our multidisciplinary faculty. The fellow is encouraged to develop his/her own research ideas and career development plan during the fellowship with support from the Cleveland Clinic and CVCR faculty. Responsibilities include:
· Conduct literature review and meta-analysis
· Design and develop microsimulation models to conduct cost-effectiveness analysis
· Program using disease modeling software
· Lead analysis of economic and resource utilization data
· Perform biostatistical and/or econometric analyses
· Draft reports, abstracts and manuscripts
By the start of the fellowship, the candidate should have a doctoral degree in health economics, decision science, epidemiology, public health or a related field. Experience in health decision science, biostatistics, simulation modeling, or large databases analysis is desirable. Working knowledge with statistical software (Stata, SAS or R) is required while working knowledge with disease modelling software (TreeAge, AnyLogic, etc.) is preferable.
To apply for this position, please send CV, a cover letter (describing relevant experience and research interest), and contact information of three referees to Phuc Le, PhD ([email protected]). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position is available immediately and open until filled.
Cleveland Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. We welcome nominations of and applications from women and members of minority groups as well as others who would bring additional dimensions to Cleveland Clinic’s research, teaching and clinical missions. Cleveland Clinic is a smoke/drug free work environment.
Principal Investigator: Phuc Le, PhD, MPH
Lerner Research Institute Department: Internal Medicine
Lab Research Topics:
Alcohol use disorder
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
Observational data analysis
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Design and develop microsimulation models
- Perform biostatistical and/or econometric analyses
- Conduct literature review and meta-analysis
- Analyze economic and resource utilization data
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Grant writing experience
- Experience using disease modeling softwares
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Phuc Le at [email protected]
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Health Economics, Observational Data, Modeling, Decision, Programming, Public Health, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Manuscript, Liver Disease, Epidemiology, Simulation, Large Database
Minimum hourly: $0.01
Maximum hourly: $333,340.26
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.